- Handle dentures with great care. To avoid accidentally dropping them, stand over a folded towel or a full sink of water when handling them.
- Brush and rinse dentures daily, but not with toothpaste. Toothpaste is abrasive and creates microscopic scratches where food and plaque can build up.
- Clean with a denture cleaner, hand soap or mild dishwashing liquid. Household cleansers and many toothpastes may be too abrasive for dentures and should not be used.
- Take proper care of dentures when not wearing them. Dentures need to be kept moist when not being worn so they do not dry out or lose their shape. When not worn, dentures should be placed in a denture cleanser soaking solution or in water.
- If you have any questions on how to care for your dentures we at Smith & Jackson Dental are happy to recommend the best methods for caring for your particular denture.
To read the full article & learn more about caring for your dentures click HERE.